Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) is a control system architecture that uses computers, networked data communications, and graphical user interfaces for high-level process supervisory management, but uses other peripheral devices. We develop SCADA Systems containing following subsystems:
- The apparatus used by a human operator; all the processed data are presented to the operator
- A supervisory system that gathers all the required data about the process
- Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) connected to the sensors of the process, which helps to convert the sensor signals to the digital data and send the data to supervisory stream
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLCs) used as field devices
- Communication infrastructure connects the Remote Terminal Units to supervisory system.